Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Steampunk


This tutorial was made and written of my own design. Any similarity to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

Supplies Needed
Scrapkit: I used Steampunk 101 by Peechy Keen Designs. You can find her blog here.
Mask of choice: I used a mask from Creative Misfits. Their blog can be found here.
Font of choice: I used Honey Script
Tube of choice: I used the artwork of Caron Vinson. You must have a license to use this artwork. You can purchase it here.

Elements Used
Frame 2
Paper 3
Paper 4

Let's Get Started
Open your frame.
Change your canvas size to 800x800. I like a larger workspace. You can resize later.
New raster layer. Drag below frame layer.
Flood fill white.
Select your frame layer in side bar.
With magic wand, select the inside of frame.
Selections>Modify>Expand
Open your paper 3. Copy
New raster layer.
Rt click, paste into selection. Select none.
Drag below frame layer.
Add drop shadow of choice to frame.
***I expanded as large as I could. Pasted my paper and than erased any excess around the edge.***
Open tube. 
Copy and paste.
Position tube into desired spot. 
See my example.
Select paper layer in side bar.
With magic wand, select paper layer in workspace.
New raster layer.
Select tube layer.
Selections>Invert>Delete
Select none.
Add drop shadow of choice to tube.
Change property layer to luminence legacy on tube.
Copy and paste tube.
Postion above frame.
See my example.
Duplicate frame layer. 
Move duplicate above tube.
Erase parts of the frame covering tube except where legs are hidden by duplicate frame.
See my example.
Add drop shadow of choice to tube.
Open paper 4. Drag to bottom of all layers.
Add mask of choice. Merge group.
Resize.
I resize to 440x440 pixels for the forum I use them on.
Add name.
Add copyright.

I would love to see what you create if you use my tutorial. Email me.
momto2babes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment