Saturday, January 21, 2012

Love The Simple Things In Life

This tutorial was made and written of my own design. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

Supplies Needed
Tube of choice: I used the artwork of LegioStudio. His website is here. I downloaded this tube for free from TheZoneGroups. You must register to use this site. Here.
Scrapkit of choice: I used a Valentine Freebie from ScrappinGramma. Website is here. This is a full size kit.
Mask of Choice: I used a From The Heart mask by Chas. I am unsure of where I downloaded this mask from. If it's yours or you know where it came from let me know please so I can give proper credit.
Font of choice: Before The Rain for the name & 2 Peas Hearts Delight.
Template of choice: I used a template from Alexis' Template Palace. It is called Love. You can see her blog here.

Elements Used
Staple
Paper 4
Paper 3
Paper 7

Let's Get Started

Open template. 
Erase credits layer, the font layers, & the heart shapes.
Make canvas size 800x800. I like a larger workspace. You can resize later. 
New raster layer. Flood fill white. Drag to bottom.
Open paper 4. Copy.
Starting with the squares.
Select square background layer in side bar.
Using magic wand select square background in workspace.
New raster layer.
Paste paper into selection.
Select none. 
Delete template layer.
Repeat for the remaining 2 squares.
Open paper 7. Copy.
With the square frames.
Select frame in side bar.
With magic wand, select frame in workspace. 
New raster layer.
Paste paper into selection.
Select none.
Delete template layer. 
Repeat for the remaining 2 frames.
Add drop shadow of choice.
Open paper 3.Copy.
Select rectangle background in side bar.
With magic wand, select rectangle in workspace.
New raster layer.
Paste paper into selection.
Select none.
Delete template layer.
Repeat same step for circle.
Open paper 7. Copy.
Select rectangle frame in side bar.
With magic wand, select rectangle frame in workspace.
New raster layer.
Paste paper into selection.
Select none.
Delete template layer.
Add drop shadow of choice.
Repeat same step for circle frame.
Open staple. 
Copy and paste to work space.
Down size to your liking.
Position to your liking.
See my example.
Duplicate and postion to your liking.
See example again.
Merge down. 
Add drop shadow of choice.
Duplicate staples.
Postion to your liking. 
See my example.
Open tube.
Copy and paste to workspace. 
Downsize to your liking.
Position into small squares.
See my example.
Select paper layer in side bar.
With magic wand, select paper layer in workspace.
Select tube in side bar.
Selections>Invert>Delete
Select none.
Add drop shadow of choice.
Set layer property to luminance legacy on tube.
Repeat same steps for other 2 squares.
Placing tubes to desired position.
Paste tube to workspace.
Downsize to your liking.
Position above all layers.
See my example.
Add drop shadow of choice.
With 2 Peas Delight font
Create title.
Add drop shadow of choice.
Open paper 4. 
Copy and paste to workspace.
Drag to bottom.
Add mask.
Merge group.
Resize to 440x440. This is the size for forums I use them on. Resize to your liking.
Add name. 
Add Copyright. 
Done.

I would love to see your results. Email me.



No comments:

Post a Comment