Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Love My Dog (Cat)


This tutorial was made and written by my own design. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

Supplies Needed
Scrapkit- I used Cats & Dogs by Polkadot Scraps. You can view her blog here.
Mask of Choice: I used a mask I believe was already programmed in my PSP. If I am mistaken, please let me know.
Font of choice: I used Throw My Hands Up In The Air
Tube of choice: I used the artwork of Cuddly Rigor Mortis. You must have a license to use this artwork. You can purchase it here.

Elements Used From Kit
Frame 18
Frame 12
Element 50
Element 54
Element 55(Only for dog)
Element 59(Only for dog)
Element 10
Paper 19

Let's Get Started

Open a new raster layer 800x800. I like lots of room to work and will resize later. Flood fill white.
Open frame 18. Copy and paste. Rotate frame to your liking.
Open frame 12. Copy and paste above first frame. Rotate frame to your liking.
Select frame 18 layer. 
Using colors from the kid, flood fill each square with a different color.
Select frame 12.
Repeat same steps.
If you would like, add a texture to your flood fills. 
I used Hatch Fine.
Use drop shadow of choice to your frames. 
I used 3,3,80,8
Open your tube. 
Copy and paste to your work space. 
Downsize your tube to your liking.
Place various parts of the tube in each square. 
I highligted different features of the dog. Eyes, nose, tail, etc. 
Do this for both frames.
See my example.
Add drop shadow of choice. 
Use a layer property of Luminance Legacy on the parts of the tubes you used in the frames.
Open element 50.
Copy and paste to work space.
Position to your liking.
Duplicate and move copy underneath frame.
Select original tag layer.
Erase to your liking. See my example.
Open element 54. Mirror.
Copy and paste. 
Repeat same step above for the other frame.
Open element 55. 
I erased all but one paw print. 
Copy and paste. 
Layered on my tag. Add drop shadow.
Open element 59.
Repeat same step for other tag. 
Open element 10.
Copy and paste to workspace.
Downsize to your liking.
Using my example, place above second frame.
Using desired colors for your font.
Type up I & My Dog. 
Use my example to see placement.
Open up your tube.
Place to your liking. 
Add drop shadow.
Open paper 19.
Copy and paste to your work space.
Move below all elements.
Add your mask of choice. Merge group.
I resize my tags to 440x440 pixels for the forums I use them on.
Resize your tag to your liking. 
Add name.
Add Copyright and license info.



If you follow my tutorial, I would love to see your results. Email me @ momto2babes@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment